The world is wide, and travel is a great teacher. A passion of Girls Dreaming Big is to inspire young women to tread confidently into new experiences, and our All Abroad enrichment trips provide opportunities to see and explore cities and cultures across the globe. These travel adventures extend beyond just seeing the sights, offering seminars and service projects that are designed to coincide with GDB core values and curriculum.
The metaphor for taking young women just beginning the steep climb into adulthood to the country that boasts Africa’s tallest and most fabled mountain is not lost on us. The Enrichment Trip to Tanzania is designed to offer both new sights (including an Arusha Park safari, an overnight stay in a Massai village, and a hike on Kilimanjaro) and new insights, as we encourage each young woman to consider what “mountaintop view” she hopes to achieve in her own life.
“There, ahead, all he could see, as wide as all the world, great, high, and unbelievably white in the sun, was the square top of Kilimanjaro. And then he knew that there was where he was going.” - Ernest Hemingway: The Snows of Kilimanjaro
All Abroad – 17 Days in Tanzania Package includes:
- A climb to the Mandara level of Mount Kilimanjaro (approx. 9,000 feet)
- An opportunity to learn and perform tribal dancing with a professional Ngoma drum and dance troupe
- A safari in Arusha National Park, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in Tanzania
- Participation in a community service project with the United African Alliance Community Center
- A visit to the Massai Land, home to the Maasai people, a proud and independent ethnic African Tribe.
- A visit to the Ngorongoro Crater (sometimes called the 8th Natural Wonder of the World).
- Nightly seminars utilizing GDB principles to promote self-reflection and personal growth