This week for our video blog we decided to feature our sister company RISE Collaborative Workspace.
Businesswomen + Next Generation = Pipeline for Success
Starting in St. Louis County and going nationwide, RISE Collaborative is building a network of female – focused coworking spaces that meet the unique needs of businesswomen and at the same time, in the same space, foster and guide the next generation of young women.
WHAT IF EVERYWHERE YOU LOOKED YOU SAW SUCCESSFUL WOMEN?
Our coworking space not only provides women a professional space to conduct business, but also supports high school girls academically, socially, and emotionally through our sister company Girls Dreaming Big. Imagine high school girls sitting working on their homework and 100 feet away impressive women holding a meeting in the boardroom. That’s life changing!! We also provide our members opportunities to mentor and give back to the girls to help them on their path.
On September 17th, 2015 from 5:30 – 7:30 at Clayton on the Park, RISE Collaborative Workspace, brought together 65 impressive women to celebrate the company’s launch and share their vision. The party was 100% funded through donations by women owned/operated companies including Nourish by Holly Berry Catering, Almond's Restaurant, and Sweetology. We had over 23 sponsors and even had our architectural rendering donated by Arcturis and board member Traci O’Bryan.
In addition to Stacy Taubman, Founder/CEO, sharing her vision, four powerhouse speakers talked about why they felt RISE Collaborative was important:
- Mary Jo Gorman –Lead Managing Partner of Prosper Women Entrepreneurs
- Julie Lawson – Executive Director of Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis and Vice President of Leadership at Focus St. Louis
- Khalia Collier – Owner/General Manager of St. Louis Surge Women’s Basketball
- Lindsay Pattan – Director of Innovation and Community Impact of Alive Magazine.
BUILDING COMMUNITY, CONNECTIONS, AND CONFIDENCE
RISE Collaborative Workspace is opening early next year and in talks with several key investors. Some of the most impressive people have come to the table to be a part of RISE Collaborative.
Our Advisory Board:
- Mary Jo Gorman - Lead Managing Partner of Prosper Women Entrepreneurs
- Michelle Wiedman – President of Wiedman Real Estate Advisors
- Traci O’Bryan – CEO/President of Arcturis
- Robin Bell – Partner of Brown Smith Wallace
- Laura Burkemper – CEO of The Catalyst Center
- Johnna Beckham – Founder/CEO of Johnna Marie
- Lisa Toone - Senior Account Executive at Cenveo
- Dan Conner – Managing Director of Ascend Financials
For more information check out: www.riseworkspace.com